Friday, October 4, 2013

Publishing Day!


Aim: How do we self-evaluate and publish our "Where I'm From" poems?

Do Now: Write a well-organized paragraph evaluating your "Where I'm From" poem, supporting your opinion with specific and relevant evidence. Even if you have not turned in your poem, you must respond to this journal prompt.


Note: Each journal entry must have the date, journal prompt #, and title.

It's Publishing Day! All of your hard work will result in "Where I'm From" books created by you and containing all of the student-created poems.

Students are required to have journals by Monday.


Today's Agenda
I. Do Now
II. Mini lesson: How to publish a book
III. Publishing Party
IV. Closing

What's due
  • Editing sheets
  • "Where I'm From" poem
  • Where I'm From self-evaluation
  • Engrade account and message
  • Blogs (Three postings)

Always check Engrade for your up to the minute progress in this class.

Publishing Day for "Where I'm From" poems is today!!!!!

Final drafts of  poems are overdue. This is your first project of the semester so it will count as 33% of your grade so far in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment